The construction process:
- Your new log chalet, log home, or log cabin starts as select Douglas Fir or Western Red Cedar logs that are hand peeled using the traditional draw knife method
- Each log is individually selected and scribe fit, ensuring a tight fit between every log.
- Door and window openings are then cut, bevelled, sanded, and keywayed
- Corner curls are cut and log ends are sanded and chamfered
- Finally, the log roof system is built and erected
- Your building is numerically tagged at the corners and at door and window openings.
- Your log package is disassembled and loaded onto a truck or into a container for delivery to your waiting foundation anywhere in the world.
- Re erection on your site normally takes 1-3 days depending on the size and complexity of your home.
Your log home package will include:
- All log work as per finished plans
- A set of log stairs (if required)
- Insulation for log walls
- Thru bolts at all corners and archways
- Springs and settling jacks
- All door and window openings cut out with keyways and blaze cuts
- An experienced person from our company to assist in the re erection of the log work
- Optional handrail material